The role works within a fast paced and challenging environment that has the customer at the very heart of everything we do. You'll need to demonstrate flexibility in your thinking and be able to adapt to new situations including those outside your own area. Effective people management is key to this role, as well as being able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders and supporting key initiatives to deliver client expectations.
This role is part of the Customer Service Directorate, which works collaboratively with operational, project and support teams across the business to drive a continuous improvement ethos and directly influence the customer and colleague experience.
The Team Leader is accountable for equipping the team to succeed, supporting and engaging the team to provide a service to customers, meet the service targets, quality standards and customer requirements. They are accountable for planning, coordinating and managing the work and staff of a specific team.
- Team working: fosters a positive team spirit and contributes positively to team morale addressing any concerns, including those within the wider operational team / sites and functions
- Encourage the creation of new ideas within the work place
- Communication: demonstrate clear and concise written, oral and people listening skills. Providing timely, honest and constructive feedback to team members while coaching, explaining things in simple language and giving the necessary support. Intervene in a tactful way to stop / prevent errors being made.
- Problem solving and decision making: shows evidence of handling complex types of staff management issues with minimum prompting / escalations to / from higher management. Identify and address through observation, call listening, analyses and coaching across the customer service representative population.
- Flexibility: shows evidence of being able to adapt to new situations including those with own team or operational area
- Attitude: presents a positive working attitude in difficult situations
- Self Management: demonstrates evidence of good timekeeping and professional appearance
- Leadership: takes control of the team and has responsibility for the service delivery of that team. Act as a role model to colleagues and lead by example when interacting with customers. Providing prompt feedback on both good and poor short term performance.
- Able to make rapid informed judgements when issues arise unexpectedly and demonstrates ability to see the bigger picture in terms of service delivery.
- Relationship management: builds professional relationships within the team and other business areas, attend meetings responding to questions raised, as appropriate.
- Innovation: able to think around complex customer issues and work towards resolution.
- Ability to respond to adhoc requests from senior management team
- Customer Service: demonstrates a highly professional approach at all times and a pragmatic and friendly approach to customers and others. Takes responsibility to evaluate, record and act as appropriate on customer feedback. Identifies customer trends and issues, taking appropriate action and managing through to resolution. Provide excellent customer service to meet / exceed the expectations of our customers through the quality of work delivered and be able to handle difficult situations effectively.
- Compliance and Regulation: ensure that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal / external rule, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy